Textbook Calculus Pdf Download by Gilbert Strang
Distributed in 1991 by Wellesley-Cambridge Press, the book is a valuable asset for teachers and self-students alike. It is efficient, covers single variable and multivariable math top to bottom, and is rich with applications. There is likewise an online Instructor’s Manual of Calculus Pdf and an understudy Study Guide.
MIT Professor Gilbert Strang has made a series of records to indicate manners which analytics is essential in our lives. The recordings, which incorporate genuine cases to show the ideas, are perfect for secondary school understudies, undergrads, and anybody keen on taking in the rudiments of CALCULUS math.
- Goals of the Linear Algebra Course (HTML)
- The Language of Linear Algebra (pdf)
- A Factorization Review (ps, pdf)
- Glossary for Linear Algebra (ps, pdf)
- Linear Algebra in a Nutshell (ps, pdf)
- Too Much Calculus (PDF)
- A 100 dollar bet (pdf)
- Starting with Two Matrices (pdf)
- The Four Fundamental Subspaces: 4 Lines (pdf)
- Fourier Sine Series Examples (pdf)
- Notes on function spaces, Hermitian operators, and Fourier series (pdf)
- A summary of how the properties of different matrices are reflected in the eigenvalues/eigenvectors: (ps, pdf).
- Pascal Matrices (article by Alan Edelman and Gilbert Strang): (ps, pdf)
- Linear Algebra and Music: (pdf) This fascinating article, with MATLAB codes for music and for telephone tones and for recovering answering machine information, was contributed by Derrick Smith of Laney College in Oakland. Thank you!!
- A Basis for 3 by 3 Symmetric Matrices (ps, pdf)
- Gram-Schmidt in 9 Lines of MATLAB(ps, pdf)
- Gram-Schmidt orthogonalization — a nice example(ps, pdf)
- “Operations Required in Matrix Elimination” by Kundan Chintamaneni (pdf)
- Eigenvectors and Eigenvalues website
- The SVD at work(ps, pdf): These are the pictures resulting from the best rank 1, rank 5, rank 10, rank 20 and rank 50 approximations to a 499 by 750 black-and-white intensity matrix. The approximations were obtained by keeping the k largest singular values in the SVD. The bottom right picture is the original one.
- (Question from Professor Ian Christie, West Virginia University) Find unit vectors h(t) and m(t) in the direction of the hour and minute hands of a clock, where t denotes the elapsed time in hours. If t = 0represents noon then m(0) = h(0) = (0,1). At what time will the hands of the clock first be perpendicular? At what time afternoon will the hands first form a straight line? In the dot product m(t) * h(t),remember that sin x sin y + cos x cos y = cos(x – y). Solution: (ps, pdf)
- Multiplication by Columns! The multiplication Ax produces a combination of the columns of A. If the vectors a1, a2, … , an are those columns, then Ax = x1a1 + … + xnan = combination of columns (in the column space!)
- Matrix Multiplication, A = LU, and PA = LU Demo: Interactive demo
- Eigenvalue Demos 2×2 Eigenvectors This 3-minute demo shows eigenvectors of 2 by 2 matrices Watch the whole thing, or by individual parts: Part1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7The Power Method Powers AnV lead toward the top eigenvalue/eigenvector
Introduction to Calculus PDF Chapter 1 – complete (PDF – 2.2MB)
1.1 Velocity and Distance
1.2 Calculus Without Limits
1.3 The Velocity at an Instant
1.4 Circular Motion
1.5 A Review of Trigonometry
1.6 A Thousand Points of Light
1.7 Computing in Calculus